Monday, February 25, 2013

Interview with Katie Gallagher

I had a great opportunity to chat with Katie Gallagher, author of Catching You, the other day and just had to share!  If you have not yet read Katie's book, check out my review of it here.

So here is some insight into the creative mind behind the book...


What is your writing process?  I know that everyone writes in a different way, so what works for you?

I usually sit on the couch or in the recliner with the laptop and pull up MS Word.  But I also have Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!, and Amazon up as well.  I'm what you call a panster, I don't outline or anything.  I just an idea and start to write.

I also have a notebook with me at all times if inspiration strikes.  That way I can write it down quickly so I don't forget before I get to my computer.


With Catching You, I started writing during NaNo, a month long competition to write 50k words. 



How do you get your book ideas?

Sometimes when I'm reading a book I'll read a part that will spark an idea.


What are you working on now?

Right now, I'm trying to work on the prequel to Catching You, tentatively titled, The Betrayal, but I'm finding it a little harder to write than I first thought.  

And, on top of that, I'm working on another book titled, Stealing Cinderella, a young adult romance novel.  This will be my second book published instead of The Betrayal.



BIO: 

Katie Gallagher lives in Pennsylvania where she spends her time writing young adult fiction, and avoiding housework at any cost. She loves coffee, watching reality TV, and flip flops. She lives with her husband, who graciously tolerates her inability to resist teenage drama on TV and her complete lack of cooking skills, and two very spoiled cats.





Where to find Catching You:

Buy on Amazon
Buy on B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment