Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Night Circus

Let me start by saying that I do not think that there is anywhere near enough publicity for this book? I had never heard of it before a friend lent it to me saying only, "I think you will like it. It's my favorite book ever. And remember that the magic is real." My friend was right. Normally I breeze through a book in a day or two, but that seemed a cruel way to enjoy this piece of artwork. I read slower, wanting to take in and reflect on each plot segment, and there was a lot to take in.

The Night Circus is beautifully written love story. Erin Morgenstern has a way of flowing the story over a large time period and through the eyes of several different characters effortlessly. Even with several perspectives on the same story, it stays clear.

I was enchanted from the first page. Before I could return the book to my friend, I went to three local bookstores until I found a copy of my own. This is one that I will be reading again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment